09 February 2013

Geese Trails

A while back I posted photos and templates for the Trail of Geese block I designed for Monica's quilt in the Traveling Quilts round robin.


I hadn't noticed anybody using the template all these months. In fact I wondered from time to time if there was an error in the template or something. Then I saw two great examples within a couple hours and it made my day.

The first is this lyrical quilt top by Catherine Mosely. The setting is graceful, and the movement is both peaceful and compelling.

Quilt top and photo by Catherine Mosely

The second comes from the other side of the world from Kelly (blogging at jeli quilts and flickring at chunky09). The rainbow geese look so cool in the grey background. And the quilting really sings.

Cushion and photo by Kelly

12 comments:

  1. It's wonderful (your trailing geese and the pattern)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are great - I have started making a quilt using your pattern with Echo by Lotta Jansdotter and moda cross weave. I'm really pleased with how it looks so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both gorgeous! I love your trailing Geese, the look so graceful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I printed off your templates Dan, and have plans to make a small quilt utilising them, it's on my ever increasing List of quilts to make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did my first paper piecing last week and loved it - I'm not sure if I'm up to this yet but I would love to give it a try :-) These are gorgeous examples.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow... I hadn't noticed that you posted this pattern before... (seems like sometimes I don't read all blogposts...) anyway: I'll give this one a try since I just love the idea of it... thanks for sharing the pattern with your readers! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing your templates and my cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This template is beautiful, and I plan to use it soon. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, Daniel.... Your geese are now flying on my Canadian facebook page at http://facebook.com/sewfreshquilts

    Hope you don't mind me sharing!
    Lorna:)
    http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing these templates, I am busy sketching right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You shall have more examples soon. Your block being the Stash Bee Hive 8 Queen Bee's choice of the month and all =)

    ReplyDelete